SPEED READING & READING COMPREHENSION
Age Group Year 1 OnwardTo find about our next upcoming workshop, please click here!
What will student achieve:
- Increase reading speed, comprehension & retention.
- Study faster & more effectively.
- Obtain better grades & better opportunities.
- Increase reading enjoyment and general knowledge.
- Improve essay-writing and critical-thinking skills.
- Increase 11 plus and other competitive exam scores!
The course :
A speed reading & comprehension course of 10 hours designed to accommodate the specific reading & study needs of key stage 1 and key stage 2 students in a small group teaching format.
This course will help you learn to improve your reading speed and comprehension. Speed-reading is a skill everyone can benefit from, and this course provides proven techniques to improve how much information you absorb and how fast you absorb it.
The course then focuses on improving comprehension by understanding how memory works, practicing the "read and recall" method, and breaking down technical terms. It also introduces some advanced tips and strategies for reading different types of media: news and magazine articles, textbooks, technical material, and ebooks.
- Measuring your reading speed
- Reading faster on the computer
- Reading groups of words
- Previewing and overviewing
- Improving comprehension and retention
- Understanding the 80/20 principle of reading
- Reading magazines, textbooks, diagrams, and ebooks
- 2 Hours per day
- 5 days workshop
- 10 hours in total
- £200 for the workshop(includes content)
If Reading Isn't Fun... You're Not Doing It Right